Abstract Submission Deadline:
Closed Friday, October 6, 2017
Pre-and Postdoctoral Students, including Ph.D., M.D., and M.D.-Ph.D. students, postdoctoral scientists, accredited medical residents and fellows, and first year assistant professors conducting basic and translational research on hepatobiliary cancers are encouraged to submit an abstract for presentation in the Early Career Investigator Poster Session.
On Line Submission:
Abstracts must be submitted through the conference’s online submission system under Submit Abstract. Only electronically submitted abstracts will be reviewed by the Scientific Review Committee.
To submit an abstract:
- Have Abstract ready in the format given on the web site and saved as a PDF.
- Go to the SUBMISSION PAGE and create an account or login.
- Click through the SUBMISSION AGREEMENT.
- Fill in the information about the Abstract.
- Attach the PDF of the Abstract.
- Click “Submit”.
Received abstracts will be acknowledged upon receipt by an automatic message. The Conference Chair will notify the first author/presenting author of the abstract by e-mail of the Committee’s decision within 3-weeks after the abstract submission deadline date. Only abstracts that have been reviewed and selected by the Committee may be presented. Up to 40 abstracts will be chosen for poster presentation, with those judged to be in the top 4-to-6 also eligible for oral presentation in a designated platform session. To be included in Scientific Program, presenters of accepted abstracts must be fully registered. If there are questions or you have problems in submitting your abstract, please contact the Conference Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (804) 828-9549.
- Font: Ariel, size 12
- Title: Use Headline Style Capitalization (e.g., Biliary Cancer Progression) with a maximum of 140 Characters.
- Authors and Affiliations: Abstract presenters must meet early career investigator eligibility requirements. Each author must also identify their individual institutional affiliations.
- Length: Body of abstract should be no more than 1,800 characters with spaces. It should convey the background, objectives, methods, results, and conclusions of the study.
- Language, Content, and Style: Abstracts must be in English and checked carefully for scientific accuracy, authorship, typographical and grammatical errors, and spelling. Abstracts will not be edited for content and grammatical errors, which could effect their selection. Abstract must be submitted as a PDF.
- Presentation Instructions: Instructions for preparation of posters and for short talks will be sent to Abstract Presenters upon selection of their abstract for presentation. Poster Boards are 4´x 6´ covered with fabric. Velcro fasteners will be provided.
- Abstract Publication: Submitted Abstracts will be made available to the public on the VCU Libraries open access repository Scholar’s Compass. By submitting an abstract, authors should be aware that they are granting VCU and the School of Medicine a non-exclusive license to make their work accessible in whole or in part in all forms of media, now and in the future. The primary author and all co-authors retain all other ownership rights to the copyright of the work, including but not limited to future publications. Thus, this policy does not prevent authors from publishing their abstract elsewhere.
- Travel Awards: To be awarded to top 4-to-6 selected abstracts.
- Abstract Withdrawal and Refund Policy: Submitted abstracts may be withdrawn by written request from the Presenter. This can be e-mailed to the Conference Chair. If an abstract is not accepted for presentation, the Presenter may request a full refund by contacting the Conference Chair before October 23, 2017 at (804) 828-9549 or at email@example.com.