- Disseminate new and emerging basic and translational research findings on the cellular and molecular pathogenesis of primary hepatobiliary cancers (hepatocellular carcinomas and intrahepatic cholangiocarcinomas) having implications for therapy and prevention.
- Describe current and emerging research aimed at identifying molecular and immune targets for primary liver cancers, with a focus on personalizing targeted therapies and overcoming therapeutic challenges.
- Define critical risk factors and challenges for the reversing the increasing global incidence of primary liver cancers.
- Provide a collegial and collaborative environment that favors the career development of the next generation of liver cancer researchers.
- Foster productive interactions between translational basic liver cancer researchers, clinical researchers and practitioners, and patient advocates, each dedicated to finding effective new treatments for curing and/or preventing primary liver cancers.